Big open spaces, established gardens , farm surroundings or more rugged, natural landscapes and the Te Miro MTB Park (pines and native bush) provide many idyllic locations for wedding photograpy. We suggest a meeting onsite with your photographer and can provide a tour of the property to find the perfect location to accommodate your dream photos from the day. Nita from Nita Meyer Photography was behind the lens, her images are perfect from the start to finish and really capture the laidback vibe of the day. All photos on this page are taken by Nita.
Please do not hestitate to contact Anna by submitting an enquiry or phone 027 600 5144 for a chat and we can discuss the best wedding package for your special day. An onsite visit by prior appointment is a great way to capture the woolshed venue and visualise the wedding experience.
Check out the following blog by Paper and Lace.
Click on the image.
Boutique Rustic Wedding Venue
The Te Miro Woolshed offers the perfect venue for weddings on a small scale in a rustic environment to fit with a theme of your choice or an exsisting Vintage/Rustic theme, alongside added modern day comforts.
The Woolshed itself has been adapted and restored to retain its unique character from it's 100 year history as a working woolshed. Built from Rimu milled on the farm, the current building now houses vintage/rustic style accommodation incorporating as many original features and upcylcing resources from the farm. The woolshed can only be used as a Venue or as Accommodation, not both. There is a sideroom that remains as accomodation, that the bride and groom have the option of staying in on there wedding night. There is also the option of a small group of guests pitching a tent at a small cost.
Wedding Ceremony Locations
The immediate surroundings and rural backdrop provide endless options to make your wedding unique and personalised. There are several locations to say "I Do", within the grounds which offer landscaped gardens, mature trees, stables (incase of bad weather) or under a large mature tree in front of the sheep yards for that truely authentic farm setting.
Decorations and Themes
We have a number of props available for your wedding package. If these tie in with your theme, you are most welcome to use them. The current theme we have available is Vintage/Rustic. The following list of items are available:
• Informal tables i.e. recycled wagon wheels x 10 (large and small) with sun umbrellas/parasols x 7, pallet tables x 6, two rustic bar leaners made with native timber and woolpack metal frames and beer crates
• Seating - a variety of upcycled chairs, (Total 47)...... old school wooden chairs x 15, short and tall rustic stools (variety of colours) x 21, variety of white and coloured chairs x 11, hay bales covered with coffee bean sacks x 20, beer crates and wooden stumps.
• One unique farm gate table for display of wedding cake, one old school large suitcase for display or wedding gifts can also be placed in here or cards, hessian table runner, one whitewedding cake stand.
•Three rustic copper tanks and three metal tubs for ice and drinks, 2 x 8L water or punch glass dispensers and beer crates for display. One large native wooden table and one lemonade stand, created from upcycled pallets. Both are used for the rustic style bar.
• White paper lanterns x 15 (small and large) hanging from outside trees.
• Fairy lights inside the woolshed, running along rafters, Festoon Lights x 10m which hang between trees and 12 vintage jar seed lights which hang inside the Woolshed and along the deck. They look super cool as the night falls. Solar lighting to light the path back to the carpark and toilet area.
• Rustic looking signage to direct guests. (Ceremony, Wedding, Parking) Parking signs will be displayed along the road to direct traffic.
• A selection of locations for the ceremony, the most popular being the large established tree in front of the sheep yards, or the large mature magnolia tree and mature gardens with a view. If the weather prohibits an outside wedding then we can use our newly converted Rustic Stables. We use hay bales for seating with coffee sacks as covers. There is only seating for the older guests and immediate family. Other guests stand.
• Extra props for decorating include 1 x recycled wooden ladder, deer antlers x 3, succulent plants x 20 in upcycled pots and assorted sizes… these can be used as table decorations, 3 x wooden nail boxes for displaying purposes, one large tee tree love heart positioned on the apex of Woolshed, 5 x metal rustic buckets for flowers, one large vintage blackboard and easel, 12 wood platters used for succulent display etc, 20-30m of Vintage Bunting for inside and outside.
• Outside open fire pit including wood to burn, rustic rubbish bins x 5 for bottles and rubbish.
• Off Street parking in a sand based Arena over the road.
• The use of the ‘Smoko Room’ kitchen as a tea/coffee area .
• One flushing toilet and bathroom are on site but extra portaloos are needed depending on numbers (1 toilet to every 25 guests). These are organised by yourselves and at your own cost. Cambridge, Morrinsville and Matamata all have hire centres.
Please scroll through the photos on the website and facebook page as these will help explain the props etc above and also help you visualise and create your own wedding day.
As hosts we also set up the venue and style it to your liking with input and help from yourselves. We do require some help in cleaning up the Woolshed the following day. All rubbish and bottles need to be removed from the venue and any dishes used need to be washed and dried.
Flowers and other personal touches are organised and must be supplied by yourselves.
In the lead up to the big day, you will have full access to the woolshed and surroundings for setting up and rehearsals if required. Someone will always be on hand to make sure your event is running to plan.
Reception and Catering
The Te Miro Woolshed lends itself towards informal dinning but a sit down meal would also be possible dependent on numbers. Your caterer and yourself will be responsible for the provision of all glassware, crockery, cultlery and tableware. Drinks, including alcohol are on a BYO basis and we do not charge a corkage fee.
At present we cater for approximately 70-80 guests . Sam from The Verandah set up his kitchen onsite and presented a standout menu. His delicious food was presented in individual crafty boxes or cones that did not require cutlery or crockery. Great savings! www.theverandah.co.nz
Depending on which caterer you choose, they will need to do a site visit to determine that the facilities will work for their set-up. Food trucks have emerged as a fun and accessible trend for the bride and groom and a great alternative to buffet or plated dinners which suits the Woolshed ideally. Please make sure the food truck provides napkins, cups, and utensils etc. All food will need to be prepared off site . Catering options couples are using are Pizza Ovens Flamin Pizzas, (Ohaupo) …. Mizzoni Pizzas (Hamilton)......Tag Burgers (BOP).... Southern Fries (BOP)