Things to do:
- Farm walks and Te Miro MTB Park walks: Feel free to have wander around the farm. There are various short walks or strolls you can take which show case the rolling hill country, pockets of native bush and streams and you may glimpse many varieties of native birds, wild peacocks, turkeys, sheep and cattle. If you take a walk on dusk to the fert bin you maybe lucky enough you catch the beautiful setting sun. The Te Miro MTB Park also has stunning native bush to walk and run through too. The new Big Willy Track is an 1hour (approx) walk around the lake and through stunning native bush.
- Tivoli Cinema: Cambridge has recently opened a boutique movie theatre featuring a mix of films from around the world and new releases. You can enjoy all this in there supremely comfortable couches designed for the tivoli theathre . Great coffees, bowls of Jaffas, freshy made cakes and icecream top the whole experience off. www.tivolicinema.co.nz
- Everything that the beautiful and vibrant town of Cambridge has to offer is only a 20 minute drive away. There you will find a wide selection of shops, restaurants, cafes, weekend markets and local events. A few cafes our guests have enjoyed include Punnet, The Lily Pad, Rouge, Paddock and the Boatshed Cafe at Karapiro.
- Lake Karapiro and the Avantidrome are approximately 25mins away. The Te Miro Woolshed offers great accommodation to families or larger groups wishing to stay for longer periods especially during sporting events at these venues. (Rowing Nationals, Mardi Cup, Waka ama, Cycling Nationals and Regionals) The Avantidrome is also a great family outing worth doing. You have the option of either driving to the avantidrome or you can park up in cambridge and walk or ride the 3km to the Avanti drome and have a bite to eat at Cafe-Revolve. Bikes and Helmets are for hire if you would like to ride on the track. The kids pump track outside is heaps of fun too. For more info about the Avantidrome please click on the following link... http://www.avantidrome.co.nz
- The National Field Days is a fantastic event to visit during the month of June. Mystry Creek is approximately 25mins away.
- We are surrounded by various rail trails. The Karapiro Rail Trail 20 mins away is the closest to us. http://www.waikatorivertrails.com/karapiro-section - Hauraki Rail Trails: Te Aroha 25 mins away, Paeroa 40mins away, Karangahake Gorge 45 mins away, Waihi Town 50 mins away. http://www.haurakirailtrail.co.nz/ All these trails are fantastic and a great day's activity for all the family to enjoy.
- The Walton Golf Course is the hidden gem of waikato golf courses. It is surrounded by a region of lush, green hills, bush and farmland. Its only a hop, skip and a jump (10mins drive) from the Te Miro Woolshed to the Walton Golf Course.
- Hobbiton ( www.hobbitontours.com ) and the Te Aroha Mineral Hot Pools are also only 25mins away.
Te Miro Woolshed is centrally located between Cambridge (20mins), Morrinsville (15mins) and Matamata (25mins).
While staying at the Te Miro Woolshed our guests will have access to our unique, motocross track, horse arena, x-country paddock, farm ride and walking track. All you have to do is bring your own horse and motorbike. The Te Miro MTB park, which is on our doorstep, is an up and coming MTB park that offers a diverse range of tracks. We have two mountain bikes for hire on request or you can bring your own. Feel free to have a wander around the orchard and chook house. You might spot the pet horse Missy, Tiny the lamb, farm dogs, (Las, Biddy, Lacky and Sue) and pet dog, Bella.
- Te Miro Mountain Bike Park is on our door step and offers a large network of mountain biking tracks (24km) in a beautiful and isolated setting. The area is a reserve (138ha) which is situated around the Morrinsville town water supply. It is covered in native bush, pines, redwood forest and some scrub. The main car park looks out over a large, grassy reserve before the lake and large hill behind covered in native bush. More info available on temiromtbclub.co.nz/ or on FB go to Te-Miro-MTB-Club. Click on the video for a taster of what you can experience yourself.
- Farm motocross track has 3.5km of beginner to intermediate grade track. Ideal for a family to have a blat around the track. It has berms, jumps, "wooptewoops" and open space. Kids love it and there's plenty of action to keep the adults entertained too. BYO bikes. Wash down facility available.
Get out there.....
- Horse-riding: If you wish to bring your own horses we have a sand arena, cross-country paddock including a variety of jumps and a farm hack available. Yarding facilities are available close to the woolshed. You also have the choice of coming midweek with a group of friends to enjoy a farm hack. Check out the photos and maps, and feel free to enquire directly.